Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2006

VACATION RESORTS


LOCATED ON THE BEACH, IT IS THE SECOND LARGEST SWIMMING POOL IN THE WORLD.

If you have the desire to get away this winter, or summer, and are thinking about somewhere exotic, check out my, VACATION RESORTS.

Let me rephrase that. They are not my resorts but I do have a room in two. One on the Caribbean Sea and the other on the Pacific Ocean.

I can rent you one, or two weeks, nearly any time of the year.

One word of caution, winter season books early, I mean real early, so, unfortunately you need to book early.

Let me tell you what I have.

On the East coast, between Cancun and Playa Del Carmen, on the beach, on what is known as the Mayan Riviera, I have a hotel unit with two queen size beds. You have your choice of: ground; second; or third floor. This means you have a choice of; balcony, or patio.

And here’s a little twist, you don’t have to sleep in your room. You can sleep beside the pool. The Mayan Palace resorts are famous for their large pools. (The resort in Acapulco has the largest pool in the world.)

The pool at the Grand Mayan, isn’t quite that large but it does have beds around the pool so you can sleep out doors.

For those of you who don’t like swimming in a pool, the resort is situated on the beach of a barrier reef, the second largest in the world.

The resort is approximately half way between Cancun and Playa Del Carmen, but you don’t need a car. There are shuttles that will take you to either town or just to the highway where you can catch a bus. Busses run, approximately, every fifteen minutes and only cost, about, 20 pesos.

For those of you who want to go snorkeling or scuba diving there are endless possibilities. Including underground in fresh water cenotes.

For touring, you are, approximately, equal distance between the ferries to Cozumel or Isla Mujeres.

Both are must see places if you have never been before and don’t want to just sit in the sun and relax.

Even if you are the relaxing type, a must see is the day tour to Xcaret.

To see more about any of the places I mention, just click on the highlighted words.

There is also evening entertainment in the resort itself, in the open air restaurant.
Oh, did I mention the 18 hole golf course, on the grounds, designed by Jack Nicklaus?

END

Not quite the end.

I still want to tell you about Mazatlan.

On the West Coast, of Mexico, where you can see: seals; sea lions; dolphins; and several species of whales that migrate to that area of the Pacific ocean.

Two bedroom suites with: full-service amenities; beachfront; 3 swimming pools, including one that is heated; gym; aerobics classes; convenience mini-market; boutique; restaurant; seafood bar; pool bar; and only 10 minutes from the main nightlife and restaurant section of Mazatlan.

Mazatlan is only a short bus ride from Puerto Vallarta, or a ferry ride to the Baja Peninsula.

Sorry I have no pictures but check out their site in my Related Web Sites section.

If you would like to rent my hotel room at the Grand Mayan, $1,095/wk, or my 2 bedroom suite in the Sea Garden, $850/wk, drop me a line, telling me which dates you wish to enjoy paradise and I will get back to you with availability.

To see more pictures of the Mayan Palace, go to my website at http://www.bearspage.info/h/v.html or click here.

To send me an E Mail, click here.

No comments: