Search This Blog

Friday, December 14, 2012

MERRY XMAS


12- 12- 12 - the last time any of us will see a triple digit date.
The next one isn’t until 2101/01/01
As you know, I usually send my Es out on weekends, but, as this weekend most of you will be leaving for the holidays, I wanted to get this out before you go.
After having made pages, for my website, of historic buildings in Burnaby and Vancouver’s Chinatown I spent a goodly portion of October and November researching  Vancouver’s Gastown.
I have found several websites, some of which proclaim to be Heritage Societies, but they seem to have conflicting data and none of them seem to be recognized by the City of Vancouver.
From the societies I only get answering machines, and unanswered E mails. Calling city hall I only get directed to the City of Vancouver Archives.
Using information from; the Fire Maps of the City of Vancouver Archives, personal knowledge I gained during my years living in Gastown, and non conflicting facts garnered from various websites, I hereby present MY `HISTORICAL BUILDINGS OF VANCOUVER’S GASTOWN’.
And `NO’ I didn’t find any truth to the rumour that Blood Alley is haunted.
As well, I have added some more pictures to my `Oregon’ page.
And I added a page about a nice little heritage, and fishing, lake in Surrey.
I have been adding about 40 pics a day to my California page but I won’t get it finished this week. Maybe not even before Xmas.  I have so many pics I took in that sate.  Lots of sorting to do yet.
I will probably have it ready for you next month as I don’t have any travel plans for Xmas.
So, as we say, in Canada, MERRY CHRISTMAS, to you, and yours.
Yours
Lee

No comments: