Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2012

Over the last decade Xmas has died around our house.
Because of building restrictions we can't have a real tree.
So, the first winter here, in our apartment, we smuggled one in.
After driving around the outskirts of the city trying to find one to cut down I finally figure, with the price of gas, it was cheaper to buy one.
Then we had to smuggle it out again, wrapping it in large bags so as not to leave a trail of needles.
The next winter we bought an artificial one.
Figured that would be cheaper over the years to come.

However, after that we were never home during the winter.
My sister in law ended up with our tree and our lights.
For the past couple of winters we have been home but I can't find any replacement bulbs for my old strands and I detest the looks of the new `energy efficent' crap so I will not hang those from my balcony (They are so small no one would see them from the ground).
So, now, if we can't afford to travel during Xmas, this is our tree.

Actually, it is so small we could take it with us if go.

Merry Xmas, to you & yours, from me, & mine.

No comments: