Search This Blog

Friday, January 07, 2011

INCANDESCENT BULBS

The lack of common sense, amongst government employees, whether elected, or hired, never ceases to amaze me.
Although when I see how blindly the general population follows the edicts of the decision makers, I sometimes wonder if there is any difference.
I used to enjoy driving, or walking, around and viewing the beautiful displays of lights put up by; private citizens, corporations, and/or municipalities.
However, after viewing the; weak, tiny, dull, lights that the environmentalists have thrust upon us, I certainly will save my energy and stay home, next Xmas.
Now I am told that we are to forsake the ROUND GLOBES that light our daily lives, the ones that we could buy for less than a dollar, to save the environment by purchasing, at much greater expense, some atrocious looking, twisted, glass, snake that is non-disposable because it is not environmentally friendly.
And before you jump down my throat and start calling me an aniti-enviromentalist, stop and think of how much waste is going to be produced when you have to start throwing out all the old fixtures that won’t be compatible with the new light bulbs.
How many table lamps do you have in your house that have shades that slip over a round bulb. Will the shades fit on the new bulbs? Are you prepared to buy new table lamps? For bulbs that cost you 20 to 50 times more than a regular bulb.
Are you prepared to pay more taxes to buy fixtures in the school gym, exit signs, etc. because the new bulbs aren’t compatible with the old housings.
And are you prepared to pay the gas to run down to the disposal centre every time one of these things burns out – because you can’t throw them in the garbage. Wanna bet?

No comments: